SUMMER WORD CHALLENGE
- Sign up for the challenge in July and pick up your FREE dictionary (one per family). We will be tracking your progress on a display at the book bank using a summer-time themed treat: ice cream!
- While reading this summer, make note of any word in your book that you do not understand. Choose ONE WORD (per day) from your book to define using your new dictionary.
- Look up that word in the dictionary and memorize what it means. (You can write out the definition if you prefer.)
- Come to The Children’s Book Bank and tell us: the title of the book, the word, and the definition. *Note: The word’s definition must be found in the Dictionary and the word must be appropriate for your reading level.
- Get a “scoop of ice cream”to add to your cone with every word you define! The word will appear on the front of each scoop and the definition will be written on the back.
- Each cone will be entered into the grand prize draw on August 14th, 2014.
- Join us for an ice cream party on our patio for ALL participants on August 14th, 4:00 pm-5:00 pm!
Come into the book bank to sign up in July and let’s build our vocabulary together ! #summerwordchallenge